Re: [Chicken-users] meta-setup

From: Andre Kuehne
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] meta-setup
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:45:37 +0200

Andre Kuehne wrote:
felix winkelmann wrote:
Hi!

I have checked in a new egg (should be available soon via chicken-setup),
that does the requested re-install or upgrade.

See: http://chicken.wiki.br/meta-setup

Thanks you Felix! This looks like a handy tool.

My experiences so far:

First thing i noticed: One can shorten the commands ;-)

I did a reinstall and all went well, till the meta-setup egg itself:

cp: cannot create regular file `/home/ak/usr/bin/chicken-meta-setup': Text file busy
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"cp -r chicken-meta-setup /home/ak/usr/bin/chicken-meta-setup"
256
Error: executing shell command failed: chicken-setup  -dont-ask meta-setup

Hmmm...sounds reasonable and wouldn't be much of an issue, if the meta-setup egg had sufficient version information, to refrain from constantly reproducing itself ;-)

Silly me. During a reinstall the version information would't make a difference. So maybe meta-setup should never install itself? Or what about a "cp -rf"?

Andre