[Chicken-users] how to map Scheme string to void* instead of char*

From: minh thu
Subject: [Chicken-users] how to map Scheme string to void* instead of char*
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:34:15 +0200

Hi,

I'm a bit lost :
I'm using foreign-parse to write bindings for the QuesoGLC library [1]
(which I'll release as BSD3 egg; the library itself is LGPL).
Some functions of this library accept string as argument; the type is
void*, not char*.
Building the bindings seems to go well but when I want to use such a function,
Chicken tells me "bad argument type - not a pointer".

I guess I'll have the same problem with void* return types.
How should I handle those cases ?

[1] http://quesoglc.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,
thu