Re : Re : [Chicken-users] Scheme (LISP) editing

From: minh thu
Subject: Re : Re : [Chicken-users] Scheme (LISP) editing
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 19:24:03 +0100

2007/3/2, Peter Keller <address@hidden>:
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 10:27:41AM -0700, Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> On 3/2/07, minh thu <address@hidden> wrote:
> >I'm on the gl-display api, have a working gl-display-glx
> >implementation, have a working gl-font (based on freetype)
> >font-loading and text-printing egg.
>
> Cool!

Wow, that is cool! Talk about HGR days on the Apple //e! It'd be like
having a console for game code without writing one specifically.

Yes, you have all Chicken available behind EVAL.

I wonder if toplevel could be extended to contain things like objects and or
other graphical things that you can manipulate like variables.

Stuff like:

> (gl-define cube (glutWireCube 2.0))
;; cube shows up in the center of the screen.

> (rotate cube 45 1.0 0.0 0.0)
;; cube rotates on screen.

> (set! cube '())
;; the cube is erased