Re: [Chicken-users] GUI: thoughts on practicality.

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] GUI: thoughts on practicality.
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 23:06:25 -0500

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> I threw down the gauntlet to the Steel Bank Common Lisp crowd a number
> of months back.  I said their Windows build was lousy, and that we were
> a year ahead of them.  I haven't checked on them lately.  I hope I don't
> have to eat any crow?  Be careful who you challenge, you might have to
> live up to it.

Well, I don't know what counts as lousy.  I tried both the latest
(1.0.2) and the last stable (1.0) release.  Both of them are .msi
files, and they install and start correctly; however, the 1.0 version
does not add an entry to All Programs, whereas the 1.0.2 version
does.  They run from both the Start button and from cmd.exe.

They also work from Cygwin, provided you use the --core switch
to specify the location of the sbcl.core file.

--
All Norstrilians knew what laughter was:        John Cowan
it was "pleasurable corrigible malfunction".    address@hidden