Re: [Chicken-users] cross-platform gui toolkit

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cross-platform gui toolkit
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 09:57:12 -0800

John Cowan wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

From a support and community growth standpoint, I see no value in
projects that try to be all things to all Schemes.  Doing things well on
Chicken is what's important.

Chicken wouldn't have half the eggs it does if the non-Chicken Scheme
community had taken that position.  Fortunately for us, they did not.

Which half?  My world is OpenGL and C FFIs.  I don't see any interloper eggs helping out here.  It's one thing if your task is pure Scheme, quite another if your task is OS interfacing.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every