Re: [Chicken-users] Subversion support misguided IMHO

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Subversion support misguided IMHO
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:15:00 -0800

minh thu wrote:
<snip>
I think Peter is asking for faster one-way Darcs --> Subversion
mirroring, so that platforms without Darcs can get a more accurate
read-only dump of the source pool.  Perhaps Tailor can help with that.
I don't know what the current mechanism is; it sounds like it is not
automated.  Peter could dig into that if he wants, whatever the best
solution is.  I'm sure we could set him up with the needed permissions
and administrative contacts.

For read-only code, I think darcs can produce easily tarballs.
What's the advantage of having the code via svn and not via a tarball
(since even an svn diff would be useless) ?

The Subversion dump could track change information.

But the real issue is whether Peter is sufficiently interested in this to dig into it.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every