[Chicken-users] SSAX, utf8 and the byte order mark

From: Charles Breathe
Subject: [Chicken-users] SSAX, utf8 and the byte order mark
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:32:44 -0800 (PST)

I hope you'll pardon me if this isn't the right audience for this question.

In the process of trying to write a script in Chicken I attempted to use the
SSAX XML->SXML function with a stream that begins with a UTF-8 byte order mark.
Unfortunately the function dies when it reads the BOM. Currently I'm converting
it to a stream and then filtering out the offending characters, but that seems
terribly ugly. Is there a better approach? Is this something that the XML->SXML
function should be handling itself?

Any advice is appreciated.