spiffy patch attempt (was Re: [Chicken-users] Minor issue with spiffy's

From: Peter Wright
Subject: spiffy patch attempt (was Re: [Chicken-users] Minor issue with spiffy's sxml->html)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 01:04:09 +0900

On 30/12 01:07:26, Peter Wright wrote:
> On 29/12 00:55:50, felix winkelmann wrote:
[ snip ]
> > I have uploaded a new version of spifffy (2.39) that does it the
> > way sxml-transforms do it (thanks, Zbigniew, for the suggestion,
> > BTW).  I also renamed "sxml->html" to "write-sxml" (but kept the
> > old name for backwards compatibility).
> >
> > Peter (Wright): could you try the currently available spiffy?
>
> Yep, tried it. It works fine re: the specific problem I had with the
> earlier version (thanks), but the sxml-transforms version (which I
> hadn't previously noticed) seems to work a little better... for some
> value of "better". :-)

After some more experimenting with both the sxml-transforms and spiffy
versions of sxml->html, I decided I liked the way sxml-transforms did
it, but wanted it in spiffy. :)

Hence my following attempt at a patch for the latest spiffy-base.scm
which also incorporates (steals? :)) the sxml-transforms special
handling for (a) inline tags, and (b) certain tags when they're empty.

Would you mind having a look, Felix (or whoever the spiffy maintainer
is)? It seems to work correctly, given my (fairly brief) testing,
but it may well deserve some tweakage.

Thanks,

Pete.
--
http://flooble.net/blog
The secret is in the straw. You have to take straw from at least three