Re: Res: [Chicken-users] New user; egg problems

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: Res: [Chicken-users] New user; egg problems
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:11:11 +0100

On 12/8/06, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:

> I wonder if it would make sense to tag the egg-repository on each
> chicken release...

Chicken+Egg version tagging is good :-) Thanks Felix for the -setup
additions.

But ...

- Are versions of eggs kept in the egg repo?

There is currently the option to have "tags" and "trunk" directories inside
a specific egg directory. Setting some svn properties (see egg readme/tutorial
on the wiki) will allow you then to mark what tag is the current one.
The upload script will respect that (thanks to Alejandro who added this).
It's merely a job for the eggg author to do the tagging, then.

- What to state something like this for setup:

   (needs (Chicken 2.509) (foo (! 0.1)) (bar (< 1.2)) baz)

& have the system handle the recursive requirements, placing them
into topological order. Any version constraint violation(s) will halt
w/ useful messages.

Sorry, I don't quite get this. You can do whatever checks you want
(I added "required-chicken-version" the other day and will add
"required-extension-version") in your .setup script. Or do you mean
the .meta file?

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp