Re: [Chicken-users] Darcs hangs?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Darcs hangs?
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:19:20 -0800

Thomas Hafner wrote:
Hello,

in the Darcs FAQ I've found this question:
Q: When I try to push/pull/apply, darcs just hangs... why?

Has that already happened when managing Chicken source code?

I'm thinking about using Darcs, but I've no feeling how severe/often
the problem really is.

I've never seen it hang.  I have had to wait awhile though.  I would characterize Darcs as stable, slow, safe, with the rare wart.  For instance the other day I couldn't unrecord for some reason.  I just wanted to unrecord and re-record a trivial patch, to satisfy my sense of aesthetics of not leaving an "oh I forgot something" message in the Changelog.  Since unrecord wasn't working, I just recorded the new patch and said to hell with the perfect aesthetics.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every