Re: [Chicken-users] Unit testing

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Unit testing
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:11:15 -0800

Alejandro Forero Cuervo wrote:

Hence, my question: is anyone of the maintainers of the test eggs
willing to extend them to support these requirements (or am I wrong
and does some of our eggs indeed support this)?  If not, I'll probably
start a new one from scratch and use it.

If the unit test egg authors don't have the man hours to add what you're looking for, why don't you extend one of their eggs, instead of starting from scratch? Are they dead projects? Have you already determined that their code is not easy to understand, use, or modify? Do they have unacceptable licenses? If so, maybe they'll change them. I don't think the rest of us want a 4th method of unit testing when the other 3 aren't getting traction as it is. I mean, why would we end up using your stuff, instead of it just lying fallow like the others? It seems like what's needed is for the unit testing people to put their heads together and take things to the next stage. Or else do some housecleaning on who's willing to maintain and extend their code and who isn't.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every