Re: [Chicken-users] bug using syntax-case in load'ed files

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] bug using syntax-case in load'ed files
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:32:20 +0200

On 10/24/06, Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden> wrote:

In this case, like I said in my original mail, my require-extension
expresions are scattered across multiple files that get loaded at
run-time in an unpredictable order and just some of them require
syntax-case.  Why, even if the ones that require syntax case load it
before all other extensions, things will very likely still break, is
left as an exercise to the reader.

If you compile the relevant files which get loaded at runtime,
your problem will go away.
Chicken is a compiler - use it to your advantage.

In this case, the fix seems to be using (eval '(require-extension
syntax-case)) from the program that loads the source files, which is
ugly (since, for all the program knows, in the end it could well be
that none of the loaded programs really requires syntax-case.

It is not only ugly, it will leave the system in an unexpected state
(for the user).

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp