Re: [Chicken-users] CMake problem on Linux should be solved

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake problem on Linux should be solved
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 00:08:44 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
John Cowan wrote:

_)      |
 |     __ \  |  __| |  /  _ \ __ \
 |     | | | | (      <   __/ |   |
\____|_| |_|_|\___|_|\_\\___|_|  _|

It looks like CMake suddenly doesn't like the "\_" sequence in
in the big-print "Chicken" output by "chicken-static -version",
and then gets terminally confused after that.

Ah, now I see the problem.  The banner has changed the format for how it presents the version number.  My regex is surely failing.

Felix, it is hereby proven that you didn't touch or even look at CMake when doing your recent Autoconf changes.  :-)  I was serious about not chasing Autoconf, and not having things "dropped in my lap," especially right now with my financial situation.  This one should be easy, but if you drop me something that's hard, I'm simply not going to do anything about it.  And I'm going to get very, very irritated if you break things, in some kind of non-trivial manner, that I've been working hard to stabilize.  I don't have any half-days to throw at CMake anymore; you will have to do them.  So please consider design impacts on CMake.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every