[Chicken-users] egg download problem

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] egg download problem
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:11:45 -0700

John Cowan wrote:

Well, now I can rebuild Cygwin using the 2.41 build for Cygwin,
but when I try to install an already-downloaded egg it gets
it wrong:

$ chicken-setup numbers

The extension numbers.setup does not exist.
Do you want to download it ? (yes/no/abort) [yes]

Of course both answers are wrong.  :-)  The autotools build
doesn't have this problem.  Right now I can't test it with
downloading an egg, but I bet it has the same problem there.

What version of the Autotools build are you referring to?  2.41 tarball or Darcs HEAD?  Wouldn't surprise me if 2.41 is fine, and Autotools 2.46 (Darcs HEAD) is broken.  Felix merged an awful lot of stuff recently.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every