Re: Re: [Chicken-users] are values 1st-class?

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] are values 1st-class?
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 20:49:09 -0500

Use (receive _ (values 1 2) _) when using standard SRFI-8 receive.
That's what (receive (values 1 2)) is short for on Chicken.  See
http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br/Non%20standard%20macros%20and%20special%20forms#receive.

Of course, you could write a macro to transform (values->list v) into
(receive x v x) on SISC or Guile, if you don't like the longer syntax.
Or expand it to call-with-values if you don't want to use receive.

On 8/9/06, Dan <address@hidden> wrote:
> The existing macro RECEIVE will do what you want,
> though:
>
> (receive (values 1 2))  ; => '(1 2)

Thanks, that's about what I expected.

I know about receive, but your example doesn't seem
to work in SISC or Guile (and I don't recall seeing
anything like that in the SRFI). It does work in
Chicken though.