Re: [Chicken-users] MinGW and Cygwin build now

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] MinGW and Cygwin build now
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:53:51 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> Well I guess the "link to cygchicken.dll" method doesn't work, and I was
> too bored to check my work.  I suppose that's an argument for automated
> builds, that it relieves some burden from bored programmers.  But
> putting such automated systems together is also boring, so it's a wash.
> Anyways I've reversed it back to the "link to libchicken-0.dll.a"
> method, which was working before.  Tested and pushed to Darcs.

Alas, not tested enough:

$ csc -s x.scm
x.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot
find -lchicken
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 1: /usr/bin/gcc.exe x.o -lchicken
-o x.dll -fPIC -shared -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib  -lchicken

--
John Cowan  address@hidden  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Thor Heyerdahl recounts his attempt to prove Rudyard Kipling's theory