Re: [Chicken-users] where do the friggin' libraries go on Unix?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] where do the friggin' libraries go on Unix?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 01:34:51 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

Once upon a time, Felix looked at the CMake build and pronounced that
libraries go in whatever_prefix/lib.  But perhaps that's wrong, and they
should go in whatever_prefix/share/chicken?  All you wonderful Unixen
debate this.  I really don't care, and it is trivial to change.  I note
that the .exports all go in whatever_prefix/share/chicken, and that the
Chicken 2.41 ./configure tarball under Cygwin installs the libraries in
whatever_prefix/lib.

Libchicken and libuchicken and their static variants indeed go in
$PREFIX/lib.  Eggs go in $PREFIX/lib/chicken/1, just as on Cygwin.
Not only .exports but also .scm files containing macros go in
$PREFIX/share/chicken, as you point out.

Then if the libraries are in the right place, why did you have a problem on your system?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every