[Chicken-users] egg upgrading

From: Dan
Subject: [Chicken-users] egg upgrading
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 01:02:16 -0700 (PDT)

I have just installed the new release of Chicken, and
am about to install the eggs. I have preserved the
.egg files from previous installations. Luckily,
chicken-setup uses local files when available.
However, how do I know which .egg files (on my disk)
are up-to-date and which are not? "chicken-setup -C"
only checks for upgrades for installed eggs.

Yes, I *could* just install all local eggs, then run
chicken-setup -C, but I happen to be stuck with a very
slow laptop for a few days.

-- Dan