Re: [Chicken-users] pathname tests

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pathname tests
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:29:13 +0200

On 7/19/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

>  csc -s x.scm
>  csi -nbq x                   (should load x.[so|dll])

This fails under both a MSYS shell and a Windows command prompt.  The
following is from the command prompt attempt. I have no idea how the
substring "Chickein" is obtained, as I haven't misspelled anything.

E:\Program Files\Chicken\bin>csc -s E:\devel\x.scm
'E:Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 1: "E:Program
FilesChickein/chicke
n" E:\devel\x.scm -output-file E:\devel\x.c -dynamic -feature
chicken-compile-sh
ared -quiet

Looking at my csc.scm, the directory backslashes are not escaped.  Also
there are forward slashes where directories were tacked on.  I'm going
to guess that both of these things are bad.

Yep, the latter is probably my bad. Somewhere in csc.scm.in I'm
using slashes instead of "make-pathname". I'll check.