Re: [Chicken-users] Re: eggdoc-texinfo

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: eggdoc-texinfo
Date: 18 Jul 2006 13:22:27 -0300

Hello Zbigniew,

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:06:55 -0500 Zbigniew <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm wondering if, in the future, it makes sense to include .texi files
> in the eggs.  I find it very convenient to have access to egg .info
> files from within emacs, and for those who don't use Info, the "man"
> extension can parse .texi and make documentation available in the
> interpreter.

Regarding to the input files for the man extension: wouldn't it be
easier and cleaner having eggdoc to emit data in the format the man
extension expects?

The texi parser included in the man extension is not any good.  It's
specially crafted for the Chicken manual.

As far as I can imagine (please, correct me if I'm wrong), the
generation of man format from eggdoc format would need a redefinition
of eggdoc procedures to generate the man format (which is quite
simple) instead of texi or HTML.  Would it be difficult?

Best wishes,
Mario