Re: [Chicken-users] Inch by inch, row by row

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Inch by inch, row by row
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:23:07 +0200

On 7/17/06, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
felix winkelmann scripsit:

> >2) "(use srfi-1)" fails in both; it is trying to load
> >/usr/local/bin/cygchicken.dll, but CMake is building
> >/usr/local/bin/libchicken.dll, whereas autotools is still
> >building /usr/local/bin/cygchicken-0.dll.
>
> On cygwin, from now on libchicken will be searched (darcs head),
> but whether cygwin automatically figures out that cygchicken-0
> is meant, I can't say...

I pulled the darcs head and rebuilt (build 401 now).  It still fails
in exactly the same ways: no such file, then if I hard-link
cygchicken-0 (which is still what's being built) to libchicken,
it crashes with "nursery is too small".

Apparently the library is loaded and run twice, once implicitly (linked)
and once explicitly (loaded). Because the lib-names are different,
the system considers them as two different libraries.

Ok, on cygwin: what's the name of the bloody library? if autoconf
calls it cygchicken-0, then the cmake build should do the same.
Or, if someone can tell me how to convince cygwin to name the
library libchicken, we can stick to that.