Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.css and chicken.pdf

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.css and chicken.pdf
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:29:28 +0200

On 7/12/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

 It's physically incorporated into the HTML files of the Chicken manual.

 So what's the build method?  I don't find anything resembling an "include
chicken.css" in chicken.texi, nor any reference to it anywhere in the Darcs
tree.

The multiple-file HTML manual generated for the web-page is generated
by running makeinfo with --css-include=chicken.css. This HTML generation
does not take place in the normal build, since here we only have a single-file
HTML documentation. This will change in the future.

 The trouble is that carrying around a portable PDF-generation program
is more trouble than it's worth.

 I don't care about Darcs having a program in it.  I care about Darcs having
a build method in it.  I'm perfectly capable of installing whatever programs
are necessary for the .pdf generation, or stubbing them if due to cost or
complexity I can't install them.  Also I don't see why chicken.pdf itself
can't be in Darcs.

Normally you'd need TeX. But this can be done by hand for the next release,
and should be generated from the wiki manual after that (after 2.4).