Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS immutable pair

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS immutable pair
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 11:00:04 -0700

On Jul 2, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Dan wrote:

Is the decision to drop set-c*r! final in R6RS?

No. The editors are considering it & they want considered feedback from the community. I think compiler writers should talk about the real gains to be had from immutable pairs. We can take as given the answer from regular Scheme programmers.

Again, I don't want immutable pairs. I want disjoint 'list' & 'pair'. "Make it so."

Practically speaking, I hope that there will be a
separate R6RS and a separate R5R6 mode in Chicken, so
that I can still run the enourmous body of programs
that depends on the old way.

I think Chicken will keep the 'bare bones' + 'optional meat' philosophy, come what may.

-- Dan