Re: [Chicken-users] platform independent .c bootstrapping

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] platform independent .c bootstrapping
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 07:23:13 +0200

On 5/14/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm working on the Chicken bootstrap with CMake.  When I generate .scm
--> .c files, are they platform specific?  Or can those .c files be used
on any platform?  In particular, can I generate pcre.c, pregexp.c,
regex.c, posix.c, and posixwin.c on arbitrary platforms, even though I'd
need actual .h and .lib files on a specific platform to generate .o files?

Yup, that's right - the .c files are portable.