Re: [Chicken-users] Assistance with http egg

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Assistance with http egg
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:50:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, Jim Miller wrote:

I'm fairly new to scheme having been convinced by reading SICP that its worth a shot. So far I'm trying to convert some code over to using chicken scheme and I'm very happy so far.

Hello,

it's good to hear for a seasoned schemer that somebody actually likes the language after reading the textbook ;-)

My question involves the http-server egg. I tried running the example that is given in the documentation and all I get when I run it is a 404 error when I try to access the server. [...]

Hmm, when I run the example on my machine, it works just fine, so I guess it is still valid. But the fact that you get a 404 error page in your browser means at least that the server is up and running. Maybe you should analyse the debug messages printed by the server before it sends the error response.

Also, if you plan to use CHICKEN for serious web programming, I guess you should have a look at spiffy, the more full featured server built on top of the http egg. Or if you are running something like Apache already you might be interested in the SCGI provider egg.

cu,
Thomas