Re: [Chicken-users] Adding a free slot to Chicken symbols

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Adding a free slot to Chicken symbols
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:46:04 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> Sorry, what exactly doesn't work? Can you be more specific? Do you
> mean uninterned symbols don't get GC'd when wrapped in a weak locative?

$ csi
  _______   _     __
 / ___/ /  (_)___/ /_____ ___
/ /__/ _ \/ / __/  '_/ -_) _ \
\___/_//_/_/\__/_/\_\\__/_//_/

Version 2, Build 2 - windows-cygwin-x86 - [ dload ]
(c)2000-2005 Felix L. Winkelmann
#;1> (use lolevel)
#;2> (make-locative 'foo)
Error: (make-locative) bad argument type - locative can not refer to objects of
this type: foo
#;2> (make-weak-locative 'foo)
Error: (make-weak-locative) bad argument type - locative can not refer to
objects of this type: foo
#;2> (make-locative (gensym))
Error: (make-locative) bad argument type - locative can not refer to objects of
this type: g0
#;2> (make-weak-locative (gensym))
Error: (make-weak-locative) bad argument type - locative can not refer to
objects of this type: g1
#;2> (make-locative 'foo 0)
Error: (make-locative) bad argument type - locative can not refer to objects of
this type: foo
#;2> (make-weak-locative 'foo 0)
Error: (make-weak-locative) bad argument type - locative can not refer to
objects of this type: foo
#;2> (make-locative (gensym) 0)
Error: (make-locative) bad argument type - locative can not refer to objects of
this type: g2
#;2> (make-weak-locative (gensym) 0)
Error: (make-weak-locative) bad argument type - locative can not refer to
objects of this type: g3
#;2>

--
John Cowan  address@hidden  http://ccil.org/~cowan
In the sciences, we are now uniquely privileged to sit side by side