Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:59:42 +0100

Am Samstag, den 25.03.2006, 02:23 -0300 schrieb Mario Domenech Goulart:
> Hello Daishi
>
> Daishi Kato wrote:
>
> > Is anyone interested in supporting SSL in the http egg?
> > How stable and usable is the openssl egg?
>
> I'm very interested in this feature.
>
> I'm afraid I don't know enough about the http egg implementation to
> dare to implement SSL support.  But, still, as a user, I'm very
> interested (oh, how easy is this way :-)).

Just a remark: user level threads (as in chicken) are not SMP friendly
http://xmog.com/scrap/show/12

To mitigate the effect it's worth to run the SSL layer as a separate
process using stunnel, sslwrap or similar.  There's a limitation
however: those have no way to inform the application of client side
certificates (for "normal" SSL enabled servers that's no problem, client
side certificates are rarely used).  If you need this feature, there's a
"custom stunnel" in the rscheme library (rscheme.org, GPL) - rewriting
the Scheme-side should be fairly easy with chicken.