Re: [Chicken-users] spiffy parameters

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] spiffy parameters
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:45:39 +0100

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:32:29AM +0100, felix winkelmann wrote:
> Yes, blame him! ;-)
>
> Using parameters for all configuration options wasn't such a great idea
> from the beginning. It makes sense to use parameters, when you want
> thread-local options, but the spiffy configuration should be applied
> to all threads anyway. Note that thread-specific parameters are still
> that: parameters.

I have to disagree.  They /were/ a very good idea, since they allow you
to fire up multiple instances of spiffy with different configurations
(like on several ports) from one application.

I sacrificed flexibility few people will use for another kind of
flexibility more people will use.  I think it's a good tradeoff.

Regards,
Peter
--
http://www.student.ru.nl/peter.bex