Re: Chicken on Ubuntu Breezy (was: Re: [Chicken-users] Up-to-date Chicke

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: Re: Chicken on Ubuntu Breezy (was: Re: [Chicken-users] Up-to-date Chicken packages for Debian Sarge available)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:10:28 +0100

On 1/30/06, Peter Busser <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've installed Ubuntu Breezy in a chroot environment, but there are a
> few strange things. One of them is that I can't seem to find a libffi. I'm
> wondering: Has anyone ever built Chicken on Ubuntu Breezy with libffi support?
> If not, does anyone know where libffi can be downloaded? I thought it was part
> of GCC.

For Hoary (the release antecedent to Breezy), I've compiled Chicken
with libffi support after installing the packages libffi2 and
libffi2-dev, which target a gcc-3.3-based toolchain. For gcc-3.4 and
4.0, there exist the packages libffi3[-dev] and libffi4[-dev],
respectively.

You may have to add the Ubuntu universe or multiverse repositories to
your /etc/apt/sources.list for these packages to show up.

--
Arto Bendiken
http://bendiken.net/