Re: [Chicken-users] syntax-case on mac osx

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] syntax-case on mac osx
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:56:50 +0100

On 1/25/06, Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes. Current Chicken (2.224) will crash w/ a protection fault when
> compiling syntax-case.scm, also just loops when compiling csc.scm.

I have spent nearly a day trying to reproduce this problem - to no avail.
Could anybody who experiences this behaviour send me:

- full chicken version (csi -v)
- full gcc version (gcc -v)
- full OS version

The steps to be taken in this case are:

- get the absolutely newest (darcs head) Chicken sources
- configure with
  CFLAGS="-g -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing" ./configure
- build, install
- does the error still occur?
- if no: bad
- if yes: run chicken with the *exact* same arguments as in the crashing
  syntax-case compile
- from there on it's fun with gdb...