Re: [Chicken-users] Win32 maintainer needed

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Win32 maintainer needed
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:37:23 -0800

felix winkelmann wrote:

On 1/10/06, Sergey Khorev <address@hidden> wrote:
Ok. It seems that Brandon and me can cover these tasks.
I'll take a look what can be done for Open Watcom. If someone wants to use it,
why
not? Ppersonally I can't find sufficiently good reason to migrate to Watcom
besides of
probability to get slightly better optimised code.

It's mostly a free tool alternative, independent of M$ and suppossedly easy to
use. It's not the *main* alternative, but if we can support it without too much
hassle, we should.

Please communicate with Bill Hoffman (CC:'d) of CMake fame as you (Sergey, Bob) look into this. Bill says he almost has an OpenWatcom generator done. http://www.openwatcom.org is the compiler you're talking about, right? Or is the Watcom legacy more confusing than that?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every
"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                         - anonymous entrepreneur