Re: [Chicken-users] Objective-C interface (sort of...)

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Objective-C interface (sort of...)
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:26:13 -0600

It looks like everybody is working on the same thing.  I have been
porting and improving the gauche-objc bridge.  It takes a highly
dynamic (read: slow but very interactive) approach, handling
everything at runtime.  Method calls work fine; but I am currently
working on solving a memory allocation problem causing intermittent
corruption when referencing instance variables.  Once this is solved,
I will try to get the method proxies and class definitions working.
The advantage is the infrastructure is already written, the
disadvantage is that it doesn't really map well to the Chicken FFI and
has to be rewritten.  Also, there is some missing or incorrect stuff I
am fixing as I go along.

It does seem like the original author successfully built a GUI
application using Xcode that calls back into methods defined in
Scheme.  But it will take some more work before I can test that...

If you want I can send what I have along, but the code is very messy
right now.  I will take a look at your code on a non-holiday ;)