Re: [Chicken-users] Conflict between simple-macros and other extensions?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Conflict between simple-macros and other extensions?
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:30:36 +0200

On 10/3/05, Raffael Cavallaro <address@hidden> wrote:
> Using the latest 2.2 release, with (or without) the hash patch, if I
> compile the simple-macros egg and try to use it and, for example the
> posix extension, I get odd errors:
>
> rafg5:/scheme raffaelc$ csi
>    _______   _     __
> / ___/ /  (_)___/ /_____ ___
> / /__/ _ \/ / __/  '_/ -_) _ \
> \___/_//_/_/\__/_/\_\\__/_//_/
>
> Version 2, Build 2 - macosx-unix-gnu-ppc - [ dload ]
> (c)2000-2005 Felix L. Winkelmann
> #;1> (require-extension simple-macros)
> #;2> (use posix)
> #;3> (current-directory)
> Error: unbound variable: current-directory#top
> #;3>

Try;

(require-module posix-module)
(import posix)

> or even if I load simple-macros.scm but not the compiled extension:
>
> rafg5:~/Developer/scheme/tonder/www.het.brown.edu/people/andre/macros/
> implementation/version 2.1 raffaelc$ csi
>    _______   _     __
> / ___/ /  (_)___/ /_____ ___
> / /__/ _ \/ / __/  '_/ -_) _ \
> \___/_//_/_/\__/_/\_\\__/_//_/
>
> Version 2, Build 2 - macosx-unix-gnu-ppc - [ dload ]
> (c)2000-2005 Felix L. Winkelmann
> #;1> (load "simple-macros.scm")
> #;2> (use posix)
> #;3> (current-directory)
> "/Users/raffaelc/Developer/scheme/tonder/www.het.brown.edu/people/
> andre/macros/implementation/version 2.1"
> #;4>

Here you activate the macro system via the `repl' procedure, since
that's how the reference implementation handles it.

> Additionally, even with just the simple-macros extension loaded, the
> tests in simple-macros-tests.scm now fail, while they pass if I just
> load simple-macros.scm in the interpreter instead of using the
> compiled extension generated by the simple-macros egg.

Again, the tests use the reference implementation's `repl' procedure.
Attached is a version of the test-suite adapted to chicken port.