[Chicken-users] Recipe for distributing C files problematic

From: John.Cowan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Recipe for distributing C files problematic
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:00:29 -0400

I'm using chicken-2.0.

I'm having trouble distributing C files correctly using the "hello world"
example in section 3.5 of the manual.  The host system is Cygwin and
the target is Solaris 8 with gcc 2.95.2.

I compiled hello.scm with the specified options to "chicken" and then
transported "hello.c", "library.c", "runtime.c", and "chicken.h" as
specified to the Solaris host and compiled successfully.

However, specifying "-explicit-use -uses hello.c" when running "chicken"
bought me a linker error saying that C_hello_c_toplevel was undefined.
Omitting these options told me instead that C_eval_toplevel and
C_extras_toplevel were undefined.

So I tried just using "-explicit-use", and the program linked
successfully, but crashed at runtime with the error:

        `##sys#error-hook' is not defined - execution terminated

followed by the unhelpful traceback:

        hello.scm: 1    print   <--

What am I doing wrong, please?

--
Her he asked if O'Hare Doctor tidings sent from far     John Cowan
coast and she with grameful sigh him answered that      www.ccil.org/~cowan