[Chicken-users] html-stream: idiom for large iterations?

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: [Chicken-users] html-stream: idiom for large iterations?
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:25:03 -0400

I'm fairly new to Scheme and streams, and am trying to grok how to use
the html-stream extension to generate an HTML document with a large
repeating section. I wrote the following (to compare its performance
to similar functions I implemented other languages):

(require-extension html-stream)
(stream->string
 (html-stream
  (html (head (title "Hello, world!"))
   (body (ul
          (apply stream-append
                 (map (lambda (x) (html-stream
                                   (li "This is item " x)))
                      (iota 1000))))))))

However, this fails because the (map) generates a list of 1000
elements, which exceeds the parameter limit for (apply).

Is there an idiomatic way to rewrite this, and avoid the parameter limit?

Thanks,

-- Graham