[Chicken-users] [BUG] [1.74] foreign-parse and comments

From: Nicolas Pelletier
Subject: [Chicken-users] [BUG] [1.74] foreign-parse and comments
Date: 04 Jan 2005 16:02:32 +0100

Hello,

I stumbled today on the following problem:

toto.h:
/* **/

#ifndef A_H
#define A_H

#define B 1

#endif

tutu.scm:
#>!
#include "toto.h"
<#

% chicken tutu.scm -ffi-include-path .
compiling `tutu.scm' ...
Error: unexpected end of comment
%

Removing the offending comment line works around the problem.

However, there  are some  files with this  problem here (and  the same
structure:  a  #ifndef to  protect  multiple  inclusions,  a bunch  of
#defines and  the final #endif) to  which I can only  have a read-only
access...  and I  would be  happy to  have chicken  parse them  for me
without having to copy/edit them to another place.

What  I  get on  these  files  is  a 'Error:  unbalanced  preprocessor
conditionals', due to the weird comments (I checked this is due to the
comments, even if the error message  is not the same, by using a local
copy of the files).

I guess  comments are parsed inside  easy-ffi.scm, right ?  Is there a
simple fix to this problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Nicolas