Re: [Chicken-users] some more compilation difficulties

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] some more compilation difficulties
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:28:19 +0200

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:01:30 +0200, Felix Winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:10:40 -0700 (PDT), Carter T Schonwald <address@hidden> wrote:

Felix,
I did as you had advised, which worked, but I encountered the following problem which halted the compilation process.
"
csi -script psyntax-bootstrap.scm
'csi' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'csi' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
"
does this mean that I need this csi program inorder to complete the compilation or am I missing something?
Thanks for all you help thus far,
Carter

Ugh - Damn. Apparently the makefile wants to rebuild syntax-case.c.
This is not critical, just touch (or edit) the file
syntax-case.c (add a few whitespace, or something), then run
"nmake -f makefile.vc" again, please. Probably I borked the tarball.

Perhaps I should clarify a bit: "csi" is the chicken interpreter and
will be built by the makefile. Since most library modules are written
in Scheme any changes to the Scheme files require a working Chicken
system to generate the .c files from those. In this case the interpreter
is used to bootstrap the macroexpanded psyntax module. I'm not sure,
but it seems the timestamps are not correct here, so the makefile
wants to rebuild some of the modules using the tools (chicken/csi)
which haven't been built yet.

You can also remove the last two rules from makefile.vc, should
editing syntax-case.c not work.