Re: [Chicken-users] I'm trying to compile chicken in window using VC++ .

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] I'm trying to compile chicken in window using VC++ .net ...
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:30:07 +0200

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:39:06 -0700 (PDT), Carter T Schonwald <address@hidden> wrote:

but I'm unable to find documentation outlining how I may do that (ie how to set up the project file appropriately). could someone please either direct me to such information, or alternatively
explain to me how I may go about doing so?

To build Chicken on Windows, you have to set up your environment
variables so that the command line tools will be found. Currently
no project file is shipped with Chicken. Under VC6, the file
VCVARS32.BAT should be invoked in a console Window - this will
set up the environment variables apropriately. Then just enter

  nmake -f makefile.vc

For .NET, the name of the batch-file might be different (see the
documentation for Visual Studio), but the idea is the same.