[Chicken-users] Re: compiler crashes 1.51

From: Eric Merritt
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: compiler crashes 1.51
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

> Guys,
>
>  This bit of code seams to reliably crash the
chicken
> compiler. I am new to both chicken and scheme
(though
> I have played a very small bit with cl), so its not
> surprising that I came up with some bad code,
however,
> the compiler should probably return an error message
> instead of crashing ;)

I figured out the reason for this. The macro

(macroexpand '(define-foreign-struct (xxx name) ()))

expands to

(begin
   (define-foreign-type (name) (pointer "xxx"))
   (define make-name
       (foreign-lambda* name ()
            "return ((xxx *) malloc(sizeof(xxx)));")))

The reason it blows up is becuase the '(name)' above
is setup as a list instead of a symbol. I fixed it to
expand to

(begin
   (define-foreign-type name (pointer "xxx"))
   (define make-name
       (foreign-lambda* name ()
            "return ((xxx *) malloc(sizeof(xxx)));")))

It still shouldn't blow up on the first won though.