[Chicken-users] Egg for converting character sets with iconv

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] Egg for converting character sets with iconv
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:03:32 -0500

Hi.

I  finished  writing  an  egg for  converting  strings  from  one
character  set  to  another  (calling iconv(3)).   I  decided  to
release it into the public domain.

Assuming my box is on (which it isn't when I sleep), it should be
available at:

    http://anonymous:@svn.afc.no-ip.info:8000/svn/home/src/iconv-egg/iconv.scm

I documented  it following  the template  available in  the eggs'
page:

    http://anonymous:@svn.afc.no-ip.info:8000/svn/home/src/iconv-egg/iconv.html

Feel free to add it to the eggs' page if you deem it worthy.

Are  there  plans to  support  multibyte  characters directly  in
Chicken?  This  ought to be  done very carefully: i'd  rather not
have them supported at all (ie. through my egg) than through some
poorly designed interface.

Thank you.

Alejo.
http://bachue.com/alejo

---=(  Comunidad de Usuarios de Software Libre en Colombia  )=---

---=(  http://bachue.com/colibri )=--=( address@hidden  )=---