Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken and SWIG

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken and SWIG
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 07:17:04 +0200

John Lenz wrote:
Just to keep everyone updated, today I checked the changes to the chicken module into the swig cvs. Swig now uses the new type Felix added, so c++ multiple inheritance works as well as proper type checking.

Because of this, future versions of SWIG will now require chicken version 1.40 or above.

Brilliant! I'm looking forward to try it out. I would also be
delighted, if you had any ideas how to integrate SWIG into
Chicken. So far my approaches appear clumsy. For example:

#>(swig) ... code <#

and then "csc myfile.scm -swig" would generate temporary files for
the embedded code tagged (swig) and automatically invoke SWIG and
compile the generated files.

Any suggestions for something cleaner are welcome.