Re: [Chicken-users] Reading from TCP sockets and time outs

From: Kim
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Reading from TCP sockets and time outs
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 07:56:24 -0700

On 2004-04-14 10:41:43 +0200 (Wed), Felix Winkelmann (address@hidden) wrote:
> Kim wrote:
>
> >[ event-case system ]
> >
> > So, comments anyone?
> >

> Well, this looks fantastic. Would you be willing to help
> coding this up? I'm (as usual) buried with work, so I don't
> feel able to do this completely on my own.

Aiee!  Well, I can start developing things and see if I can't get
a prototype implemention of the API done on top of what already
exists.  There's still some details and issues to be hammered out
in terms of the interface.

Hmmm.  I think the strategy will be first to develop some
'hypothetical' use-cases for the proposed system.  (i.e. sketch
out various applications that might use event driven behaviors
and see how well the design 'fits' the applications.  These in
turn could be used as documentation/how-to-use examples.)  I'll
do that while seeing if anyone else has any comments on the idea,
tweak the design a bit, then work on the implementation from the
API downwards.  By then, hopefully, I'll have a better idea of
what is needed from the implementation specifics and can pass
those on to you for ideas. :)

Kim

--
Kim      address@hidden                 http://solluna.org/
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance