Re: [Chicken-users] help please

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] help please
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:34:43 +0200

Linh Dang wrote:

2. is there away to increase the buffer size of the input port (or the
   underlying C stdio stream) ?

You can try set-buffering-mode! (posix unit).
I will also upload a new snapshot that has a faster read-line for
normal FILE* ports in the next days.

3. This is a blaspheming question. What's the best/most-efficient
   scheme implementation for text processing? chicken? scsh? bigloo?
   PLT?

I think Gauche has pretty good string stuff, but it's definitely
slower in pure execution speed.