Re: [Chicken-users] Problems loading extensions on some platforms

From: Bruce Hoult
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problems loading extensions on some platforms
Date: 05 Nov 2003 22:17:12 +1300

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 12:29, felix wrote:
> > I'm going to try the latest version now, and if that dosn't work then
> > I'm reverting to 1.19.
> >

> Christ! What is happening here? The one Solaris specific change
> that can possibly be the reason here, is that alloca.h is included by
> default.
>
> Bruce: is it possible that you try to rebuild the whole system with the
> #include
>   in chicken.h (line 60) disabled? IIRC this is needed for compiling in C++
> mode, but perhaps we can at least localize the problem.

I tried 1.22 and it's the same.  Depending on factors that I don't
understand, either it core dumps the compiler or else it compiles OK and
then acts very strangely at runtime.

I'm afraid I don't have time to track this down right now, but I've gone
back to 1.19 (or so) and it's working fine.  The only thing it doesn't
have that I'd like is the changes to "define" in a body.  It handles C++
well, which I care about more...

--
Bruce Hoult <address@hidden>