Re: [Chicken-users] Binding identifiers with set!

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Binding identifiers with set!
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 02:24:25 +0200

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:55:10 -0700, Dale Jordan <address@hidden> wrote:

No need to become lawyerly; The final paragraph of R5RS (5.2.1) clearly
sanctions Chicken's behavior. I would prefer it were at least an option to require "define". Documenting the behavior is also good. (C/C++ standards require documentation of the innumerable things left to the implementation
to decide.  Schemes should do the same.)

Absolutely. The behaviour will be documented in the manual.
Currently, I will try to improve the situations by making the compiler
issue a warning, when a non-local assignment refers to an unreferenced
global variable.