Re: [Chicken-users] Problem building from CVS

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problem building from CVS
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:04:35 +0200

Chris Double wrote:
When building from CVS using the chicken-1.10 to bootstrap I get errors if the C file already exists. For example:

chicken-1.10/chicken support.scm -quiet -debug-level 0 -optimize-level 2 -include-path . -output-file support.c -explicit-use
Error: (open-output-file) can not open file: "support.c"

support.c exists from a prior build. If I delete it and re-make then the compile works fine. But I have to manually delete each existing C file. I'm pretty sure I didn't have to do this in prior releases. Am I doing something wrong?

There is definitely a bug, but I'm not sure wether this is the reason
for the problem. In line 5572 of file runtime.c, after

    C_strncpy(fmode, C_c_string(mode), n);

you should add

    fmode[ n ] = '\0';

You have to apply the fix in your chicken-1.10 source tree (and the CVS
checkout), rebuild and rebuild from CVS with the updated 1.10.