Re: [Chicken-users] Calling out to C causing hang

From: Tony Garnock-Jones
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Calling out to C causing hang
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:38:42 +0100

Perhaps the interrupt-handling code somehow triggers an interrupt itself.
Are you using finalizers? Or multithreading?

I am using finalizers heavily in the gtk+2.0 stuff. In fact tweaking the way finalizers work causes the bug to move around a bit.

It's a bit of a heisenbug unfortunately :-( - it's very sensitive to initial conditions...

The best way of tackling this seems to be to walk through the whole
thing with gdb, setting breakpoints in handle_interrupt and C_raise_interrupt (and C_reclaim). It would be nice if you could send me the gdb output starting
from the point where handle_interrupt is called and up to the minor GC
loop.

Wow. For me, that's a big ask - the GTK+ stuff was locking up on the final GC before exit...

Tony