Re: [Chicken-users] exceptions and threads

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] exceptions and threads
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:30:17 +0100

Joerg F. Wittenberger wrote:

If my reading of the chicken sources is correct, I propose to make the
current-exception-handler a parameter.

In fact, it is! Not a proper parameter (as created with
`make-parameter'), but a global variable that is
restored to a thread-specific value. The scheduler
(library.scm: ##sys#schedule) sets ##sys#current-exception-handler
in the process of switching to a new thread-context.
Also restored are the list of pending dynamic-wind
thunks and the standard I/O ports.

If you experience problems with thread+exceptions, then
perhaps there is a bug in the way chicken handles this.
But the exception-handler *is* thread-local. Definitely.