[Chicken-users] out of memory - why?

From: Joerg F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] out of memory - why?
Date: 21 Nov 2002 13:25:48 +0100

Hi all,

I ran into a strange problem, after the declaration of just one more
macro my program runs into:

out of memory - heap full while resizing - execution terminated

But this happens within a module, which is used by the module, which
actually uses the new macro.  To the best of my understanding, this
module should not at all be effected by the macro declaration.

Even more weird: If I insert a debug messages (printing to stderr)
before _and_ after the call to the procedure where I run out of
memory, then it gets through.  If I only add a debug message _after_
the call than something else jumps out with the same problem.  Do I
add just the message before the call, the same point fails.

I'm lost, how do I prepare a stripped down version if things fail so
unprdictable?

Anything else I could try?

thanks a lot

/Jörg

--
The worst of harm may often result from the best of intentions.