[Chicken-users] docs

From: felix
Subject: [Chicken-users] docs
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:05:36 +0200

Hi!

I'm nearly finished with tha LaTeX version of the manual (an evening with
emacs + it's query-replace-regexp turned out to be more fruitful
than any attempts at machine-translation... ;-).
Another thing I'm currently working on is a more accessible FFI
documentation.

Now, I would also like two things: an introductory document that
describes common things one does with Chicken, and I would be
delighted if anybody could give some ideas about the things that
should appear in the document.
And: Benedikt Rosenau pointed out PLEAC (the Perl Cookbook
programs translated to a variety of languages) and wouldn't it be
nice to have this for Chicken? Actually, there are already Guile
sources for this, so a translation should be (relatively) straightforward.
Again, assistance would be *great*!